Caring for Ferrets - What eat ferret?

My vet said my laboratory was allowed all the green beans he wanted to eat, and Valor is sure to love the green beans. Valor loved to apples, carrots and pumpkin. That was fine for my dog, because while dogs as carnivores, omnivores these days they are pretty much classified. 

Ferrets, on the other hand, are obligate carnivores. Ferrets have short small intestine and can not digest fruits, vegetables and grains. Ferrets should only eat meat and fat, and they need to avoid grains, fruits, and vegetables. 

So, what do you feed a ferret? There are options, depending on what you are willing to do. 
 
The natural diet
Some people feed their ferrets natural diet they can. Ferrets are descended from the European polecat and European polecat eat mice and other small rodents, rabbits, voles and frogs. They will also eat snakes and fish. Thus, ferret on a natural diet usually eat mice and chickens. 


The cooked diet
Take the food over, mice, chickens, and whatever else you can cook stomach, and cook it. Why is that? Bacteria such as salmonella do our fuzzy babies as sick as they make us. 

Well, if you want to cook your ferrets' food, I highly recommend this method. Boiling or pressure cook the meat in a fair amount of water. Ensure proper temperatures to kill the bacteria., Remove all the bones from your boiling brew. Grab a stick blender. (You can do this by transferring the food to do it in a blender, but you're better off buying a blender. I say this after you land a lot of food in this way and with boiling meat on my face.) Mix the meat and water. Pour of the meat and water mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. When it comes to feeding time, your ferret, you draw a fair number of cubes and microwave them. (This is a version "Duck Soup", which are used to feed the sick and elderly will weasels.) 

The dry food diet
This is the simplest and probably the most expensive diet. Go to the pet store or order food. Make sure you buy ferret food. I feed my guys Totally Ferret, you need to buy online these days. Make sure that the food you choose has a high protein and fat and low in grains and vegetables. All dry food has some grain in it, but get as little as possible. 

What do I feed my ferret?
My ferrets get dry food. The sick and elderly to get "Duck Soup", which is an interesting name because I do not make it with chicken and duck. Dry food is convenient, and my boys just as much as it seems they like boiled chicken and duck soup. I supplement their kibble with goodies. They are particularly fond of "Vivify", produced by Performance Foods, Inc. She likes it when I sprinkle "Complete Care" powder on their food.

Related Post